- bac/gary_poster: re-reconsidering required pre-implementation calls
- gary_poster: postpone reviewing the collaboration feedback experiment?
Friday, August 17, 2012
- We're still hiring for openings in a very cool Python & cloud position, so please apply soon if you are interested!
- frankban landed a gigantic lpsetup branch to simplify code flow per discussions we've had lately in the squad (see last week's "topics" discussion about OO vs. functions, etc.).
- benji and gary_poster interviewed a lot.
- bac identified and worked on final changes before we ask for user acceptance for lpsetup. In particular, we are trying to get rid of the finish-init-target command and we are trying to clean up the top-level help text.
- benji may have fixed bug 1030148 (and now needs to integrate the fix into Launchpad).
- gary_poster managed to run parallel tests a few times. The basics are still working. The three pre-existing bugs are still there. We now also have subunit bug 1038250 and probable test interaction bug 1038253.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
- gary_poster: reconciling staff unavailability with kanban work-in-progress (WIP) limits
- gary_poster: OO versus functions, inversion of control, and how much agreement is important
- gary_poster: More incremental success with our integration tests
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
- A vacation kept one weekly report from being written, and another weekly meeting from happening. Welcome back!
- We're still hiring for openings in a very cool Python & cloud position, so please apply soon if you are interested! We are progressing pretty far along the process, though we have many more interviews to make. Interviews consumed gary_poster completely, and affected all of us to one degree or another.
- Interviews have kept gary_poster from running parallel tests, but we expect that our three old bug friends are still waiting for us.
- benji landed some diagnostic information that might help us figure out 974617/1011847.
- bac and frankban provided IS with detailed, tested instructions for our proposed approach for IS to deploy the LXC test setup.
- IS has approved our proposed approach to deploying the LXC Launchpad test set up. We think. We are waiting on this to be deployed.
- The lpsetup developer story was planned (largely thanks to frankban) and implemented.
- bac configured the integration tests for lpsetup to run with the unit tests prior to every commit to the main branch. We are using Juju to drive lxc-within-lxc on a Canonistack Tarmac instance. We think this is extremely cool for many reasons--not least of which are the presence of the working, gatekeeper integration tests.
- We've been given a hard date to switch to our next project: September 3. Hopefully the buildbot slaves will be deployed and debugged sufficiently by then. It's a shame we didn't get to the parallel-ec2test-via-juju plan we proposed for another stretch goal, but maybe someone else will get it approved and started.